Monday, May 11, 2009

artist statement

In my portfolio you will get to see all the pictures and projects that I have completed through out my whole senior year. You will see plenty of interesting projects that Ms. Cook has helped me out on to make my artwork just that much better. I feel pretty good about my portfolio because I know that even though my work might not fit the standards of other artwork I did put a lot of thinking and work into it. Most of all I completed mostly all of my work so I feel real good about that. My favorite thing that I learned in class was probably our scary face project because I had a lot of fun working on it.

What I’ve learned over this course of the semester is no matter how much you don’t really like something, as long as you keep on working on it you will get better at it. Just like in sports the more you practice the more you understand and get better at the game. I feel like I was most successful with my graduation program project. I choose that one because I honestly think that was my best project I’ve done all year. That was also the project I spent the most time working on.

What I had a lot of problems and a lot of struggles with was photo shop, because their were so many buttons and stuff you can do on their. I did have a great time working on it though when it wasn’t too hard to look for the stuff I was looking for. I think in one category I could really improve on in the future is Photoshop because I had a lot of problems in that area. I believe that my partner Moses was my influences because I loved his artwork a lot. I’ve seen a lot of growth and in my improvement and in my attitude in this class because I came into this class feeling like I was not going to like it and that I was going to fail it. One other thing I would like to say my artwork is that I feel like I can make money off of my beautiful artwork.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I want to see your original header posted! Also you are missing quite a few posts. As far as your artwork is concerned, I was glad to see you start to buckle down with the surrealism and metaphor projects. I can see the improvement in your effort. I feel like the projects are beginning to have heart. I have enjoyed having you in class, its been fun. Good luck with everything ahead of you. Safe journey.